My name is Wayne Dundee. I am a financial risk management consultant.
What is a financial risk management consultant?
A financial risk management consultant is what you would probably commonly refer to as a financial advisor. The only real difference is that my approach is heavily focused on understanding and managing financial risk for you and your family.
What do I mean by managing financial risk? All of the financial goals that we typically lay out for ourselves are really about risk. Some examples of financial risk we face:
- Retiring without enough money to last the rest of our lives.
- Passing away while our family is depending on our income to live.
- Passing away and not leaving enough money behind to take care of our final arrangements.
- Suddenly finding ourselves unable to work short-term or long-term due to a physical or mental health impairment.
- Not having enough money to cover needed home repairs.
- Being unable to pay medical expenses.
- Leaving an estate behind without a clear plan of how that estate should pass on to our loved ones.
These risks are always a possibility. The answer for too many people is to hope that none of these things happen to them. If they do happen, it is generally already too late to put a plan in place to deal with them. I recommend a combination of financial products, insurance, and legal solutions to protect yourself and your family from suffering due to any of these very real possible financial hardships.
On this site, I will be sharing some ideas and strategies that you might want to consider discussing with your financial advisor.
I am not looking for new clients. My firm is doing quite well. I am just hoping to better educate people about their finances as a public service.